Watch content offline
If you want to watch TV shows and movies without internet connection, you can download certain titles* offline on your mobile devices (phone/tablet). Currently it’s not possible to download content on other devices, such as a PC or Mac, Apple TV, or smart TV. Content you have downloaded will be stored on your device’s internal memory. Sports events cannot be saved offline.
*Note that some titles might not be available for downloading
How do I download content offline?
- Select a movie or episode to download. Tap Save offline.
- If you don’t have access to Wi-Fi, you can specify in your account settings that you want to download with mobile data.
- The content you have downloaded will be displayed in the Offline tab in the Viaplay app.
- You have access to the downloaded content for 30 days. After that, you need to renew the download licenses. You can do this on the content page or on the Offline tab.
You also have the option to activate a feature that enables you to only see TV shows and movies that are available to download in the Viaplay application.
iOS: Go to Profile > App-settings> Offline filter
Android: Open the menu on the left > Settings > Offline filter
Accessing downloaded content outside of the US
You can watch your downloaded content wherever you are. If you travel outside the US, however, we recommend not connecting your device to a local network when using Viaplay. This is because we do not have rights outside the US and thus there is a possibility that you will be blocked from the service, or that the Viaplay app will be automatically updated and you will lose the licenses for downloaded material during your stay.
A movie takes up between 2-3GB of the storage, while the episodes from series can range from 700Mbit to 2GB depending on its length and size.
* Note: We do not have offline rights for all series and movies on the service.
Do you want to use Viaplay abroad? Read more here.